Label: ADULT LOW STRENGTH ASPIRIN- aspirin tablet, coated
- NDC Code(s): 21130-414-12
- Packager: Safeway
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugClose
temporarily relieves minor aches and painsClose
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription) NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- and allergic reaction occurs
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause prblems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours while symptoms persist. Do not exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- Other information
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºF (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- Inactive ingredients
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, hypromellose, methacrylic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, shellac wax, simethicone, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrateClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to St. Joseph® Adult Low Strength active ingredient†
Adult Low Strength
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)
Aspirin Tablets, 81 mg
• Enteric Coated
• Pain Reliever
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
DISTRIBUTED BY SAFEWAY INC.
P.O. BOX 99, PLEASANTON, CA 94566-0009
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ADULT LOW STRENGTH ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet, coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:21130-414 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 81 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) POLYDEXTROSE (UNII: VH2XOU12IE) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate (UNII: 58QVG85GW3) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) SODIUM ALGINATE (UNII: C269C4G2ZQ) SODIUM BICARBONATE (UNII: 8MDF5V39QO) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIACETIN (UNII: XHX3C3X673) TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM) Product Characteristics Color PINK Score no score Shape ROUND Size 8mm Flavor Imprint Code 44;414 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:21130-414-12 1 in 1 CARTON 1 100 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 01/14/2004 Labeler - Safeway (009137209) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867894 MANUFACTURE(21130-414) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(21130-414)