Label: ALLERGY- acetaminophen and diphenhydramine hydrochloride tablet
- NDC Code(s): 55315-518-08
- Packager: FRED'S, INC.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 500 mgClose
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mg
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat and itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
- minor aches and pains
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- new symptoms occur
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
(see overdose warning )
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 to 6 hours
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage
- do not take more than directed
- Other information
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- Inactive ingredients
carnauba wax, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, triacetinClose
- Principal Display Panel
Sinus Pain - Acetaminophen
Itchy, Watery Eyes
Sneezing - Diphenhyrdamine HCl
24 Coated Caplets
Compare to the active ingredients in:
Tylenol® Severe Allergy*
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Tylenol® Severe Allergy.
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
acetaminophen and diphenhydramine hcl tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55315-518 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 500 mg DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: TC2D6JAD40) (DIPHENHYDRAMINE - UNII:8GTS82S83M) DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 12.5 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48) CROSPOVIDONE (UNII: 68401960MK) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYDEXTROSE (UNII: VH2XOU12IE) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POVIDONES (UNII: FZ989GH94E) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIACETIN (UNII: XHX3C3X673) Product Characteristics Color YELLOW Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 19mm Flavor Imprint Code 44;518 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55315-518-08 1 in 1 CARTON 1 24 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 06/06/2005 06/10/2018 Labeler - FRED'S, INC. (005866116) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(55315-518) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867894 MANUFACTURE(55315-518)