Label: MILK OF MAGNESIA- magnesium hydroxide suspension
- NDC Code(s): 37808-396-40
- Packager: H E B
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each 15 mL Tablespoon)
Magnesium hydroxide 1200 mgClose
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in ½ to 6 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
- shake well before use
- dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor
- drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each dose
- for accurate dosing, use dose cup provided
- mL = milliliter; TBSP = Tablespoon
adults and children 12 years and older
30 mL (2 TBSP) to 60 mL (4 TBSP)
children 6 to 11 years
15 mL (1 TBSP) to 30 mL (2 TBSP)
children under 6 years
ask a doctor
- Other information
- each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: calcium 20 mg and magnesium 595 mg
- does not meet USP requirements for preservative effectiveness
- store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
- close cap tightly after use
- avoid freezing
- Inactive ingredient
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to Phillips'® Milk of Magnesia Original active ingredient
MILK OF MAGNESIA
Comfortable, Cramp Free Relief
12 FL OZ (355 mL)Close
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
MILK OF MAGNESIA
magnesium hydroxide suspension
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:37808-396 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: NBZ3QY004S) (MAGNESIUM CATION - UNII:T6V3LHY838) MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 1200 mg in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Product Characteristics Color WHITE (opaque) Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:37808-396-40 355 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part334 06/09/1992 Labeler - H E B (007924756)