Label: FAMOTIDINE- famotidine tablet, film coated
- NDC Code(s): 15127-370-12, 15127-370-30
- Packager: Select Brand
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT (IN EACH TABLET)
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Do not use
- with other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
Keep out of reach of children.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- OTHER INFORMATION
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from moisture
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF THE CARTON OR INDIVIDUAL BLISTER UNIT IS OPEN OR TORN.
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Colloidal silicon dioxide, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide red, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol 400, pregelatinized starch, talc, titanium dioxideClose
- PATIENT INFORMATION
- 1 tablet relieves heartburn due to acid indigestion
- Famotidine prevents heartburn due to acid indigestion brought on by eating and drinking certain foods and beverages.
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn - causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
famotidine tablet, film coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:15127-370 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength FAMOTIDINE (UNII: 5QZO15J2Z8) (FAMOTIDINE - UNII:5QZO15J2Z8) FAMOTIDINE 10 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (UNII: RFW2ET671P) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) FERRIC OXIDE RED (UNII: 1K09F3G675) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 (UNII: B697894SGQ) STARCH, PREGELATINIZED CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color pink Score no score Shape ROUND Size 8mm Flavor Imprint Code 035 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:15127-370-12 1 in 1 CARTON 1 12 in 1 BLISTER PACK 2 NDC:15127-370-30 1 in 1 CARTON 2 30 in 1 BLISTER PACK Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA090283 02/13/2012 Labeler - Select Brand (043562370) Registrant - Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (937890044) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Ohm Laboratories Inc. 184769029 manufacture(15127-370)