Label: TUSSIN DM- dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin liquid
- NDC Code(s): 59779-557-26, 59779-557-34
- Packager: CVS Pharmacy
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 200 mgClose
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- shake well before using
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children 12 years and over
2 teaspoons every 4 hours
children under 12 years
do not use
- Other information
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 4 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- Inactive ingredients
anhydrous citric acid, D&C red no. 33, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, menthol, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, xanthan gumClose
- Questions or comments?
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredients in Robitussin® Maximum Strength Cough + Chest Congestion DM
For Mucus Relief
ADULT COUGH & CHEST CONGESTION
COUGH SUPPRESSANT (DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr)
For ages 12 & overClose
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:59779-557 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (DEXTROMETHORPHAN) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg in 5 mL GUAIFENESIN (GUAIFENESIN) GUAIFENESIN 200 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM D&C RED NO. 33 FD&C RED NO. 40 GLYCERIN HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP MENTHOL CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS POVIDONES PROPYLENE GLYCOL WATER SACCHARIN SODIUM SODIUM BENZOATE SORBITOL XANTHAN GUM Product Characteristics Color RED (Opaque) Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY (Menthol) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:59779-557-26 1 in 1 CARTON 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE 2 NDC:59779-557-34 1 in 1 CARTON 2 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 07/28/2010 Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)