Label: COLD AND COUGH- acetaminophen and dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid
- NDC Code(s): 0363-0698-34
- Packager: Walgreen Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 15 mL = 1 tablespoon)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mgClose
- temporarily relieves:
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- cough due to a cold
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 6 tablespoons (3,000 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
adults & children 12 years & over
- take 30 mL (2 TBSP) in dose cup provided every 6 hours
- do not take more than 6 tablespoons in 24 hours
children under 12 years
- ask a doctor
- Other information
- each tablespoon contains: potassium 25 mg and sodium 8 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Inactive ingredients
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, FD&C blue #1, flavor, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucroseClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Cold & Cough
Acetaminophen / Sore Throat / Body Aches / Headache
Dextromethorphan HBr / Coughing
Pain reliever & cough suppressant
INSTANT COOLING SENSATION
8 FL OZ (237 mL) LIQUID
Compare to Tylenol® Cold & Cough active ingredientsClose
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
COLD AND COUGH
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0363-0698 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 500 mg in 15 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15 mg in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM (UNII: K679OBS311) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) Product Characteristics Color BLUE (clear) Score Shape Size Flavor MENTHOL Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0363-0698-34 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 09/09/2011 Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)