Label: MENTHOLATUM- camphor (synthetic) and menthol ointment
- NDC Code(s): 10742-0001-1, 10742-0001-2, 10742-0001-3, 10742-0001-4
- Packager: The Mentholatum Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients
Menthol, natural 1.3%Close
Camphor - Topical Analgesic
Menthol, natural - Topical AnalgesicClose
temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and jointsClose
For external use only
When using this product
- do not heat
- do not microwave
- do not add to hot water or any container where heating water. May cause splattering and result in burns.
- do not get into eyes
- do not apply to wounds or to damaged skin
- do not bandage tightly
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- condition worsens
- symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 2 years and over: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- Inactive ingredients
fragrance, petrolatum, titanium dioxideClose
Toll free 1-877-636-2677 MON-FRI 9AM to 5PM (EST)
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
camphor, menthol ointment
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:10742-0001 Route of Administration TOPICAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) (UNII: 5TJD82A1ET) (CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) - UNII:5TJD82A1ET) CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) 90 mg in 1 g MENTHOL (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) (MENTHOL - UNII:L7T10EIP3A) MENTHOL 13 mg in 1 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength PETROLATUM (UNII: 4T6H12BN9U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:10742-0001-1 1 in 1 CARTON 1 28 g in 1 JAR 2 NDC:10742-0001-2 1 in 1 CARTON 2 85 g in 1 JAR 3 NDC:10742-0001-3 1 in 1 CARTON 3 28 g in 1 TUBE 4 NDC:10742-0001-4 1 in 1 CARTON 4 106.3 g in 1 JAR Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part348 12/13/1976 Labeler - The Mentholatum Company (002105757)