Benzoyl peroxide 5%
for the treatment of acne
For external use only
Do not use
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
When using this product
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- irritation becomes severe
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- shake well
- Sensitivity Test for a New User. Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated below.
- wet area to be cleansed
- apply acne wash and gently massage area for 1-2 minutes
- rinse thoroughly and pat dry
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
carbomer homopolymer, citric acid*, edetate disodium, glycerin, imidurea, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, purified water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium hydroxide *may contain this ingredient
Questions or comments?
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Benzoyl Peroxide 5%
Acne Medication Wash