Label: FAMOTIDINE- famotidine tablet, film coated
- NDC Code(s): 46122-168-78
- Packager: Amerisource Bergen
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT (IN EACH TABLET)
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Do not use
- with other acid reducers
- if you have kidney disease, except under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
Keep out of reach of children.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 10 to60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- OTHER INFORMATION
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from moisture
- read the directions and warnings before use
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING FROM BOTTLE.
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- PATIENT INFORMATION
- 1 tablet relieves heartburn due to acid indigestion
- Famotidine prevents heartburn due to acid indigestion brought on by eating and drinking certain foods and beverages.
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn - causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
famotidine tablet, film coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:46122-168 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength FAMOTIDINE (UNII: 5QZO15J2Z8) (FAMOTIDINE - UNII:5QZO15J2Z8) FAMOTIDINE 20 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (UNII: RFW2ET671P) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 (UNII: B697894SGQ) STARCH, PREGELATINIZED CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color white Score no score Shape ROUND Size 8mm Flavor Imprint Code 036 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:46122-168-78 100 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA090283 07/23/2010 Labeler - Amerisource Bergen (007914906) Registrant - Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (937890044) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Ohm Laboratories Inc. 184769029 manufacture(46122-168)