Label: EXTRA STRENGTH PAIN RELIEVER- acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine capsule, gelatin coated
- NDC Code(s): 11822-0751-3
- Packager: Rite Aid
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each gelcap)
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID)*
Caffeine 65 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugClose
Pain reliever aid
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- a cold
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. If changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Liver warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occassionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- if you ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- taking any other drug or are under a doctor's care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- any new symptoms appear
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- painful area is red or swollen
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 gelcaps every 6 hours
- do not take more than 8 gelcaps in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- Other information
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- Inactive ingredients
corn starch, D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, microcyrstalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, simethicone, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxideClose
- Principal display panel
**Compare to the active ingredients in Excedrin®
acetaminophen 250 mg
pain reliever • pain reliever aid
80 QUICK RELEASE GELCAPS
**This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Excedrin®.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Rite Aid 44-571
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
EXTRA STRENGTH PAIN RELIEVER
acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine capsule, gelatin coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:11822-0751 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (ACETAMINOPHEN) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg ASPIRIN (ASPIRIN) ASPIRIN 250 mg CAFFEINE (CAFFEINE) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength D&C YELLOW NO. 10 FD&C BLUE NO. 1 FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 HYPROMELLOSES TITANIUM DIOXIDE Product Characteristics Color GREEN Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 21mm Flavor Imprint Code L;1 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:11822-0751-3 1 in 1 CARTON 1 80 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 01/09/2009 Labeler - Rite Aid (014578892) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(11822-0751) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867894 MANUFACTURE(11822-0751)