DIUREX WATER PILLS
(caffeine, magnesium salicylate)
[Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc.]
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph not final|
Active ingredients (in each pill)
Caffeine, 50 mg
Magnesium Salicylate (NSAID)*, 162.5 mg
(Present as 202 mg of the Tetrahydrate)
*Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
For temporary relief of
- temporary water weight gain
- full feeling
- minor aches and pains
associated with the premenstrual and menstrual periods.
Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers should not use this product for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is consulted about Reye's Syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin.
Allergy alert: Magnesium Salicylate may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed.
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout or arthritis
- taking any other drug
When using this product, limit the use of caffeine containing medications, foods or beverages because too much caffeine may cause:
- occasional rapid heart beat
The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as one cup of coffee.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days.
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days.
- redness or swelling is present.
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs.
- any new symptoms appear.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better.
- feel faint
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- Read all package directions and warnings before use and use only as directed.
- Adults: Two (2) pills every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persist, not to exceed eight (8) pills per day.
- Start taking 5 or 6 days before onset of period and continue until desired relief is obtained or end of period.
- Drink 6 to 8 grasses of water daily.
- For use by normally healthy adults only.
- Persons under 18 years of age should use only as directed by a doctor.
- Note: The appearance of blue-tinted urine, which may occur after taking DIUREX Water Pills, is a normal and temporary effect.
Magnesium content: 10 mg/pill, Calcium content: 10 mg/pill **Contents sealed: Each DIUREX blue colored, round shaped pill bears the identifying mark “ALVA" and is sealed in a clear plastic blister with a foil backing. Do not use if seal appears broken or if product contents do not match product description. You may report serious side effects to the phone number provided under Questions? below.
Acacia, calcium carbonate, corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C Blue #1 Lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, methylene blue, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate, shellac, silica, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin.
caffeine, magnesium salicylate tablet, coated
|Labeler - Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc. (042074856)|