ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (IN EACH 5 ML TSP)
Acetaminophen, USP 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/Fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with a cold, or flu:
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion, and cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with a cold
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if user takes
- more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning:
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- in a child under 6 years of age
- if user is now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if user has
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if user is
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- user gets nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.
|adults and children 12 years and over||4 teaspoons every 4 hours
|children 6 to 12 years||2 teaspoons every 4 hours
|children under 6 years||do not use
each teaspoon contains: sodium 2 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosage cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, artificial flavor, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, menthol, polyethylene glycol, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
SEE NEW WARNINGS INFORMATION
Children’s Dimetapp Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu
Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer)
Chlorpheniramine Maleate (Antihistamine)
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Phenylephrine HCl (Nasal Decongestant)
Relieves Nasal Symptoms
Plus Other Symptoms
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
alcohol-free ∙ red grape flavor
For most recent product information, visit www.dimetapp.com
We pledge to you that Dimetapp products contain only high quality ingredients and meet strict standards of quality and safety. You can trust Dimetapp products for your family.
Dosage Cup Provided
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.StopMedicineAbuse.org
Madison, NJ 07940 USA
© 2010 Pfizer Inc.
Packaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.