Label: NAUZENE - trisodium citrate dihydrate, dextrose and fructose syrup
- NDC Code(s): 52389-172-04
- Packager: Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 15-mL tablespoon)
Dextrose (glucose) 4.35 g...........................anti-nausea
Levulose (fructose) 4.17 g...........................anti-nausea
Sodium citrate dihydrate, 0.921 g................antacidClose
For the relief of nausea associated with upset stomach, including that due to overindulgence in food or drink.Close
- DO NOT USE
Do not use if you have Hereditary Fructose Intolerance (HFI). This product contains fructose.Close
- Ask a doctor before use if you
- you have diabetes because this product contains sugar
- are on a sodium-restricted diet.
- ASK DOCTOR/PHARMACIST
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other medications. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.Close
- WHEN USING
When using this product do not take more than 6 does in a 24-hour period.Close
- STOP USE
Stop use and ask a doctor if nausea lasts more than two weeks or recurs frequently.Close
- PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.Close
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.Close
- Read all package directions and warnings before use and use only as directed.
- Adults: 1 - 2 tablespoons (15 - 30 mL).
- Children: Consult a doctor for appropriate dosage.
- Dosage may be repeated after 30 minutes not to exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period unless advised by a doctor.
- For maximum effectiveness never dilute Nauzene or drink fluids of any kind immediately before or after taking Nauzene.
- Nauzene Liquid is intended for use by normally healthy persons only.
- Persons under 18 years of age should use only as directed by a doctor.
- Other information
- Sodium content 193 mg/tablespoon (15 mL).
- Store at room temperature.
- ** Contents sealed: Each bottle of Nauzene Liquid has a tamper evident seal around the cap and a safety seal under the cap. Do not use if either of these seals appears broken. NOTE: Nauzene is not intended as a substitute for a balanced nutritional diet or as an electrolyte replenishment.
- Serious side effects associated with the use of this product may be reported to the phone number provided below.
- Inactive ingredients
Corn syrup, FDC Red No. 40 lake, flavor, fructose syrup, glycerin, methylparaben, phosphoric acid, purified water.Close
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
sodium citrate syrup
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:52389-172 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength TRISODIUM CITRATE DIHYDRATE (ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID) TRISODIUM CITRATE DIHYDRATE .921 g in 15 mL Dextrose (Dextrose) Dextrose 4.35 g in 15 mL Fructose (Fructose) Fructose 4.17 g in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength corn syrup FD&C Red No. 40 High fructose corn syrup Glycerin Methylparaben Phosphoric acid Water Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY (flavor) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:52389-172-04 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part357 02/15/2000 Labeler - Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc. (042074856)