Label: ATHLETES FOOT SPRAY- miconazole nitrate spray
- NDC Code(s): 59779-341-90
- Packager: CVS Pharmacy
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated May 22, 2009
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient
Miconazole nitrate 2%Close
- proven clinically effective in the treatment of most
- athlete’s foot (tinea pedis)
- ringworm (tinea corporis)
- jock itch (tinea cruris)
- effectively relieves
For external use only
Flammable: Do not use near flame or spark or while smoking.
When using this product
- avoid contact with the eyes
- contents under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate or store at temperatures above 120°F (49°C).
- use only as directed. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- irritation occurs
- athlete’s foot or ringworm does not improve within 4 weeks
- jock itch does not improve within 2 weeks
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- clean the affected area and dry thoroughly
- shake can well before use
- hold can about 6 inches from the area to be treated
- spray a thin layer over the affected area twice daily (morning and night)
- supervise children in the use of this product
- for athlete’s foot, pay special attention to spaces between the toes. Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes, and change shoes and socks at least once daily.
- use daily for 4 weeks for athlete’s foot and ringworm
- use daily for 2 weeks for jock itch
- if condition lasts longer, ask a doctor
- this product is not effective on the scalp or nails
- in case of clogging, clean nozzle with a pin
- Inactive ingredients
alcohol SD 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, isobutane, isopropyl myristate, propane, propylene carbonate, sorbitan oleate, stearalkonium hectorite, talcClose
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Lotrimin® AF
Athlete's Foot Spray
Miconazole Nitrate 2%
Cures Most Athlete’s Foot
Relieves Itching, Burning, Scaling, and Cracking
Athlete's Foot Spray Label
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ATHLETES FOOT SPRAY
miconazole nitrate spray
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:59779-341 Route of Administration TOPICAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MICONAZOLE NITRATE (UNII: VW4H1CYW1K) (MICONAZOLE - UNII:7NNO0D7S5M) MICONAZOLE NITRATE 2 g in 100 g Product Characteristics Color WHITE (to off white) Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:59779-341-90 130 g in 1 CAN Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part333 03/02/2006 Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)