COLD SORE TREATMENT
[H and P Industries, Inc. dba Triad Group]
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph not final|
For external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or flame.
- in the eyes
- over large areas of the body
- if you are allergic to any ingredient in the product
- more than 3 times per day
- longer than one week unless directed by a doctor.
- used to treat deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns
- you are pregnant or nursing a baby
- Clean the lip area of any lip preparations, lotions, ointments, residual beverages, or cosmetics including lipstick using warm water and a washcloth
- Remove the cardboard top from applicator and place onto the glass/plastic vial end - opposite the brush end of the product
- Squeeze the cardboard to break the inner glass vial open
- Saturate the applicator end with solution by holding the brush end down and squeezing the container until you can see liquid on the brush applicator
- For best results, massage the solution into the cold sore by rubbing. Rub firmly, but take care not to damage the tissue. The purpose of the rubbing is to deliver the drug to the infection site. Hold the vial so the solution flows to the sore.
- To treat most cold sores, usually one treatment is enough.
- If your symptoms go away and then return later, apply another dose.
- Do not use more than 3 times per day
- Discard after use.
- Store at room temperature: 15° - 30° C (59° - 86° F)
- The ingredients in toothpaste, softdrinks, and some fruit juices can de-activate the active ingredient. For best results, avoid brushing your teeth with toothpaste or drinking soft drinks or fruit juices for one hour after applying.
Prior to treatment, clean the area to be treated preferably with a washcloth and warm water.
A dry wipe may be sufficient.
Do not use soap or other cleansers.
2. BREAK VIAL
Remove paper cap from vial, exposing applicator tip.
Replace cap on other end of vial, leaving applicator tip exposed.
Firmly pinch center of vial, close to edge of paper cap, until inner ampoule breaks.
Hold with the white applicator tip down, allowing medication to saturate he applicator.
If necessary: pinch vial gently until a drop of medication appears.
Prior to use:
Remove vial from package
3. RUB ON LIPS
The key is to rub on the sore and the surrounding area. Gently dabbing is not effective.
Do not rub so hard that you cause damage to the skin.
Keep the applicator saturated at all times. If necessary, pause and hold the vial to allow more medication to flow into the applicator tip.
Use all the medication in the vial.
Dispose of when finished, recap the vial and dispose of immediately. Do not disassemble; keep out of reach of children.
Occasionally an additional treatment may be required. In some people, a lesion may appear to start healing and recur a day or more later. This will require an additional treatment.
Walgreens NDC 50730-1000-1
Cold Sore/Fever Blister Treatment
and Topical Antiseptic
*Viroxyn Recommended by Dentists
Single Dose Treatment for Fast Pain Relief
without using fingers
Instrucciones en espanol incluido
2-Single dose ONE DAY Treatment Vials-0.6 ml each
Distributed by: Walgreen Co.
200 Wilmot Rd., Deerfield, IL 60015-4616
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed www.walgreens.com
Questions or comments? 1-800-WALGREENS (1-800-925-4733)
Patented new approach to treating cold sores. Rubbing the cold sore with the applicator tip delivers the germicidal medicine directly to the site of the infection.
After touching a cold sore:
- Wash your hands immediately with warm water and soap
- Do not touch your eyes
- Do not touch your genitals or other parts of the body.
It is possible to transfer the virus to other parts of the body (autoinoculation)
Cold Sores and Fever Blisters are both caused by the Herpes Simples virus (typically HSV-1) and are just different popular names for the HSV-caused lesions.
*Viroxyn is a registered trademark of Quadex Labs, Inc.
US Patent No's 6,211,243B1 and 6,322,243 and 6,410,599 and 6,414,032 and 6,423,750 and 6,759,434
|COLD SORE TREATMENT
benzalkonium chloride tincture
|Labeler - H and P Industries, Inc. dba Triad Group (050259597)|