Label: D-WORM COMBO- pyrantel pamoate and praziquantel tablet, chewable
- NDC Code(s): 17135-356-02, 17135-356-12
- Packager: Farnam Companies, Inc.
- Category: OTC ANIMAL DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: New Animal Drug Application
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Broad Spectrum De-Wormer
D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables
Package contents: Blisters of 2 or 12 chewables
- Active Ingredients (in each chewable)
Pyrantel Pamoate (114 mg) and Praziquantel (114 mg)Close
De-wormer for Medium and Large Dogs Only (Greater than 25 pounds)Close
For the treatment and control of
- Roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)
- Hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala)
- Tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis)
- Human Warning
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children. To obtain product information, including a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), call 800-234-2269.Close
- WHEN USING
When Using This Product:
- Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
- D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
- You May Notice
Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.Close
Each flavored chewable contains 114 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 114 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight (5 mg/kg). Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables Dosing Table Dog Weight Number of Chewables 6.0 to 25 pounds Use the 30 mg Size 25.1 to 50 pounds 1 50.1 to 100 pounds 2 100.1 to 150 pounds 3 150.1 to 200 pounds 4
- You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
- D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand. If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog's mouth for forced swallowing.
- Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
- Watch the dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
- Other Information
Recommended De-Worming Schedule
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum), consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
- Questions? Comments?
To report a suspected adverse reaction, call: 800-234-2269.Close
In case of an Emergency: call 800-234-2269.
Non-Emergency call: 800-234-2269.
If you have questions or comments about this product, please write:
Farnam Companies, Inc., PO Box 34820, Phoenix, AZ 85067-4820.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Farnam Pet Products, A Division of Farnam Companies, Inc.
Visit us at www.farnampet.com
Made in the USA
NADA 141-261, Approved by FDA.
©2009 Farnam Companies, Inc.Close
D-Worm is a trademark of Farnam Companies, Inc.
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 114 mg Tablet Carton
Broad Spectrum De-Wormer
FOR MEDIUM & LARGE DOGS GREATER THAN 25 lbs.
For the treatment and control of:
• Toxocara canis • Toxascaris leonina
• Ancylostoma caninum
• Ancylostoma braziliense • Uncinaria stenocephala
• Dipylidium caninum • Taenia pisiformis
in dogs and puppies.
Active ingredient: Each flavored chewable contains
114 mg pyrantel pamoate and 114 mg praziquantel.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
FOR USE ONLY AS DIRECTED ON PACKAGE INSERT AND BACK PANEL.
NADA# 141-261, Approved by FDA
Net Contents: 2 Flavored Tablets
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
pyrantel pamoate and praziquantel tablet, chewable
Product Information Product Type OTC ANIMAL DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:17135-356 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength pyrantel pamoate (UNII: 81BK194Z5M) (pyrantel - UNII:4QIH0N49E7) pyrantel pamoate 114 mg praziquantel (UNII: 6490C9U457) (praziquantel - UNII:6490C9U457) praziquantel 114 mg Product Characteristics Color BROWN Score no score Shape ROUND Size 14mm Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:17135-356-02 2 in 1 BOX, UNIT-DOSE 2 NDC:17135-356-12 12 in 1 BOX, UNIT-DOSE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date NADA NADA141261 03/06/2010 Labeler - Farnam Companies, Inc. (008399933) Registrant - Virbac AH, Inc. (131568396) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Virbac Bridgeton 808558100 MANUFACTURE