Label: D-WORM COMBO- pyrantel pamoate and praziquantel tablet, chewable
- NDC Code(s): 17135-356-02, 17135-356-12
- Packager: Farnam Companies, Inc.
- Category: OTC ANIMAL DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: New Animal Drug Application
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Broad Spectrum De-Wormer
D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables
Package contents: Blisters of 2 or 12 chewables
- Active Ingredients (in each chewable)
Pyrantel Pamoate (114 mg) and Praziquantel (114 mg)Close
De-wormer for Medium and Large Dogs Only (Greater than 25 pounds)Close
For the treatment and control of
- Roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)
- Hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala)
- Tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis)
- Human Warning
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children. To obtain product information, including a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), call 800-234-2269.Close
- WHEN USING
When Using This Product:
- Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
- D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
- You May Notice
Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.Close
Each flavored chewable contains 114 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 114 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight (5 mg/kg). Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables Dosing Table Dog Weight Number of Chewables 6.0 to 25 pounds Use the 30 mg Size 25.1 to 50 pounds 1 50.1 to 100 pounds 2 100.1 to 150 pounds 3 150.1 to 200 pounds 4
- You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
- D-Worm™ Combo Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand. If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog's mouth for forced swallowing.
- Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
- Watch the dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
- Other Information
Recommended De-Worming Schedule
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum), consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
- Questions? Comments?
To report a suspected adverse reaction, call: 800-234-2269.Close
In case of an Emergency: call 800-234-2269.
Non-Emergency call: 800-234-2269.
If you have questions or comments about this product, please write:
Farnam Companies, Inc., PO Box 34820, Phoenix, AZ 85067-4820.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Farnam Pet Products, A Division of Farnam Companies, Inc.
Visit us at www.farnampet.com
Made in the USA
NADA 141-261, Approved by FDA.
©2009 Farnam Companies, Inc.Close
D-Worm is a trademark of Farnam Companies, Inc.
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 114 mg Tablet Carton
Broad Spectrum De-Wormer
FOR MEDIUM & LARGE DOGS GREATER THAN 25 lbs.
For the treatment and control of:
• Toxocara canis • Toxascaris leonina
• Ancylostoma caninum
• Ancylostoma braziliense • Uncinaria stenocephala
• Dipylidium caninum • Taenia pisiformis
in dogs and puppies.
Active ingredient: Each flavored chewable contains
114 mg pyrantel pamoate and 114 mg praziquantel.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
FOR USE ONLY AS DIRECTED ON PACKAGE INSERT AND BACK PANEL.
NADA# 141-261, Approved by FDA
Net Contents: 2 Flavored Tablets
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
pyrantel pamoate and praziquantel tablet, chewable
Product Information Product Type OTC ANIMAL DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:17135-356 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength pyrantel pamoate (pyrantel) pyrantel pamoate 114 mg praziquantel (praziquantel) praziquantel 114 mg Product Characteristics Color BROWN Score no score Shape ROUND Size 14mm Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:17135-356-02 2 in 1 BOX, UNIT-DOSE 2 NDC:17135-356-12 12 in 1 BOX, UNIT-DOSE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date NADA NADA141261 03/06/2010 Labeler - Farnam Companies, Inc. (008399933) Registrant - Virbac AH, Inc. (131568396) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Virbac Bridgeton 808558100 MANUFACTURE