Label: FAMOTIDINE ORIGINAL STRENGTH- famotidine tablet
- NDC Code(s): 49035-128-90
- Packager: EQUATE (Walmart Stores, Inc.)
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Famotidine USP 10 mgClose
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 15 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- Other information
- read the directions and warnings before use
- store at 25°-30°C (77°-86°F)
- protect from moisture
- Inactive ingredients
hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide red, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol 400, pregelatinized starch, talc, titanium dioxideClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to Pepcid® AC® Active Ingredient*
Famotidine Tablets, 10 mg
- Just one tablet prevents and relieves heartburn due to acid indigestion
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Tips for Managing Heartburn
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
Distributed by: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Bentonville, AR 72716 ©Wal-mart Stores, Inc.
Product of India
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by © McNeil Consumer Pharmaceuticals Co., owner of the registered trademark Pepcid® AC®.Close
- Product label
Famotidine Tablets 10 mg
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
FAMOTIDINE ORIGINAL STRENGTH
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:49035-128 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength FAMOTIDINE (FAMOTIDINE) FAMOTIDINE 10 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (TYPE H) HYPROMELLOSES FERRIC OXIDE RED MAGNESIUM STEARATE CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 STARCH, CORN TALC TITANIUM DIOXIDE Product Characteristics Color PINK Score no score Shape ROUND Size 8mm Flavor Imprint Code W;972 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:49035-128-90 1 in 1 BOX 1 90 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA077146 12/18/2012 Labeler - EQUATE (Walmart Stores, Inc.) (051957769) Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)