UP AND UP LICE KILLING MAXIMUM STRENGTH - piperonyl butoxide and pyrethrum extract shampoo
Target Corp. Lice Killing Shampoo Drug Facts
Piperonyl butoxide 4%
Pyrethrum extract (equivalent to 0.33% pyrethrins)
treats head, pubic (crab), and body lice
For external use only
Do not use
- near eyes
- inside nose, mouth, or vagina
- on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
Ask a doctor before use if you are
- allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
When using this product
- keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
- if product gets into eyes, flush with water right away
- scalp itching or redness may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- breathing difficulty occurs
- eye irritation occurs
- skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Shake well before using
- Important: Read warnings before use
Adults and children 2 years and over:
- check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- examine small sections of hair at a time
- unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- apply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.
- allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
- use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse
- for head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles
Remove lice and their eggs (nits)
- use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
- hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- if hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- for head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of the head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- lift a 1- to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- pin back each strand of hair after combing
- clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- after combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- check daily for any lice/nits that you missed
- a second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice
- if infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments
- Children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- keep carton for important product information
- see package insert for additional information
benzyl alcohol, C13-C14 isoparaffin, fragrance, polyoxyethylene (1,1,3,3-tetramethyl butyl) phenyl ether, water, xanthan gum
Principal Display Panel
Lice Killing Shampoo
Compare to active ingredients in Rid® Lice Killing Shampoo
liquid lice treatment for human use
works fast to kill lice and eggs
helps children return to school nit free
2 nit combs included
Keep out of reach of children:
See side panel for additional information
Lice-killing shampoo carton
|UP AND UP LICE KILLING MAXIMUM STRENGTH
piperonyl butoxide, pyrethrum extract shampoo
||HUMAN OTC DRUG
||NDC Product Code (Source)
|Route of Administration
|Active Ingredient/Active Moiety
||Basis of Strength
|PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE (PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE)
||4 mL in 100 mL
|PYRETHRUM EXTRACT (PYRETHRUM EXTRACT)
||0.33 mL in 100 mL
|No Inactive Ingredients Found
||YELLOW (cloudy to transparent, cream to straw)
||1 BOTTLE In 1 CARTON
||contains a BOTTLE
||236 mL In 1 BOTTLE
||This package is contained within the CARTON (11673-866-34)
||Application Number or Monograph Citation
||Marketing Start Date
||Marketing End Date
|OTC monograph final
|Labeler - Target Corporation (006961700)